- 1 1/2 cups rice (soaked in cold water for 15 min, then drained)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1/4 canned tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 2 cups beef broth (not bullion)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, cloves, salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds (toasted)
Melt butter in a pan. Saute onions and garlic. Add canned tomatoes and let cook for 2 minutes.
Add beef broth. When the broth begins to boil, add rice, raisins and spices.
Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
Before serving mix in toasted nuts.