- 6 overly ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of softened butter or margarine
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 2/3 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 8″ cake pans.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in softened butter and eggs. Add baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Add flour, sugar, and walnuts and stir until all lumps are gone.
Pour the dough into the cake bans. Bake for 50-60 minutes. If you stick the banana bread with a toothpick and it comes out clean, it is ready. If the toothpick comes out gooey, cook for a few more minutes and test again.
Recipe makes 2 loaves of banana bread.
- 1 1/2 cups rice (soaked in cold water for 15 min, then drained)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1/4 canned tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 2 cups beef broth (not bullion)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, cloves, salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds (toasted)
Melt butter in a pan. Saute onions and garlic. Add canned tomatoes and let cook for 2 minutes.
Add beef broth. When the broth begins to boil, add rice, raisins and spices.
Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
Before serving mix in toasted nuts.